It’s tempting to start shopping for your dream wedding dress as soon as that engagement ring is on your finger. But hold your horses, make sure you do these 5 things before wedding dress shopping. If you step into a bridal boutique to find “the one” before you check these things off your list, your search will only end in confusion or disappointment. With these wedding tasks accomplished first, you’ll find your wedding dress with more confidence, more clarity and a much better experience overall!
- BOOK YOUR VENUE & WEDDING DATE – this is critical! There is no way to confidently choose your wedding gown without having a clear vision of the place and time of year that you’ll be wearing it. You want to imagine yourself in the exact space you’ll be walking towards your groom when he sees your as a bride for the first time as you try on each gown. If any of the critical elements like a date and location are not finalized, you’ll just be aimlessly browsing, inviting confusion into the process and potentially compromising your entire experience altogether!
- ALLOCATE YOUR BUDGET – Once you have secured a wedding venue, you’ll have a much clearer picture of what everything will cost in order to throw your wedding celebration. Decide what budget to allocate to your wedding gown and shop accordingly. Don’t try on dresses that are outside of your price point because you will simply set yourself up for disappointment!
- CREATE AN OVERALL VISION FOR YOUR WEDDING DAY – Are you hosting a black tie ballroom event? A rustic glam outdoor party? A waterfront tented affair? All of these visionary items will affect which wedding dress is perfect for you. It’s not just about you as a bride but what kind of wedding you’re having that will make a particular gown the one!
- DETERMINE WHO YOU WANT TO SHOP WITH – Your “I do” crew can make or break your experience of finding your dream wedding dress. It’s critical to bring friends and family who will support your vision as a bride and help you feel your absolute best – no negative nellies or wannabe bride’s allowed!
- CHOOSE THE RIGHT BOUTIQUE FOR YOU – Do your research and find the right wedding dress boutique for your ideal shopping experience. Do you want an intimate one-0n-one space or a big city sales floor? Do you want to be able to touch and feel the gowns yourself or have a stylist selecting options for you to try? These are all important factors for you to decide where to purchase your ideal wedding dress! Read our Tips for Choosing your Bridal Boutique here!
Book Your Appointment