Planning your wedding is like painting a blank canvas… anything you can imagine, you can create for your wedding day. The hard part is reigning in all those big ideas and creating an event that really exudes the personality of you and your groom as a couple! Guests will feel like they stepped into your love story for the celebration! Personalization is what really makes a wedding come to life!
Wondering how to make that happen for your big day? Use these tips to add a personal touch to your big day!
TOP FIVE WAYS TO PERSONALIZE YOUR WEDDING DAY:
- Prioritize – Focus on your priority – is it the venue, the food, the gown, the entertainment, the atmosphere? Spend the bulk of your planning efforts on the things that mean the most to you and you’re guaranteed to have a memorable day! Think about the two of you as a couple and what things are important to you. Are you both foodies? Then hire a specialty catering company to incorporate your favorite dishes into the wedding menu. Do you love the beach? Throw a beach wedding. Is travel important to you? Use a globe or a custom map as part of your decor… the sky is the limit!
- The Invitation – start with the invitation suite – From the moment the guests receive that special envelope in their mailbox, the tone is set for the entire occasion. The invitation suite is an amazing place to get creative, show off your personality and give the guests a sneak peek for what’s to come!
- The Little Details – welcome bags, escort cards, signage, table settings can pull an event together cohesively. These should all coordinate with the invitation suite so that each element tells your love story in a unique and interesting way!
- The Ceremony – Ceremony elements such as the readings, the specific vows… even the person who officiates the wedding can add such a memorable experience for you and your guests for an extra special day!
- The Food – Don’t just serve the basic chicken or steak entrée . Food can make a style statement throughout the wedding weekend. Incorporating fun appetizers at the cocktail hour, a food truck for the rehearsal dinner or late night snacks after the reception or an elaborate cocktail display. Love sweets? Add a donut wall or a macaroon table to your cake display!
Tell us in the comments, what is your favorite way to add a personal stamp on your big day?
Photo above by Ashley Therese Photography – to see the full styled shoot click here!