Choosing your wedding dress isn’t just any old trip to the mall to shop for a new outfit – it’s a once in a lifetime experience that should be thoughtfully planned! All bridal boutiques aren’t created equally – they each serve a different type of bride and offer different types of services for their ideal customers. So how do you decide where to schedule your wedding dress shopping appointment? We’ve put together a list of the top 6 things you should consider before booking your appointment.
- Type of Experience – Multiple Brides, Dressing Room Space, Rowdy Guests? Every bridal boutique is unique and different bridal boutiques offer different levels of service and types of experiences to their brides based on their space, selection, location and staff. Be sure to research the style of the boutique and what kind of service they provide. Will there be multiple brides near you? Will you have your own dressing room space? Will you have your own personal stylist to guide you? Will you have to parade out in front of strangers just to show your friends and family the gowns
- Number of Guests – Many boutiques limit the number of people you can bring due to size and space constraints. Make sure they allow you to bring the amount of guests you would like before you book an appointment. It’s important to bring the most trusted friends and family members to your appointment.
- Designer Collections – Each bridal boutique maintains relationships with specific wedding dress designers to carry in their stores. Researching the designer collections will show you what type of gowns they offer and what types of styles you can expect to try on during your appointment. If you are dying to try on gowns from a certain designer you fell in love with on Pinterest or Instagram, start your search with a store who carries that designer’s gowns so you don’t compromise your appointment at another store from the start. Be sure to check websites to see the styles and design aesthetic and save pictures any ones you love!
- Length of Appointment – Feeling rushed into your dress decision is not the mindset you need to make such an important decision. Check out the appointment length of the boutique and see if it’s ample enough for you to really make a great decision. If there’s extra time at the end you can always pick out your accessories!
- Privacy – Who wants to be standing side by side in a show room with another bride trying on the same dresses? Isn’t this your big bridal moment? Private appointments are a great way to feel comfortable trying on gowns – and feel like the most important person in the store – you’re the bride after all! Some boutiques offer a VIP experience that you can purchase to have their boutique to yourself during your appointments. Other boutiques have single appointments so you always have the store to yourself! Others have multiple brides trying on gowns in the same central space.
- Prices – Make sure to find out the boutique’s price range for their gowns. Set your own budget and make sure the boutique you choose carries gowns in your budget so that you aren’t wasting time or having your heart broken when you arrive. It doesn’t make sense to book an appointment in a shop you can’t afford or vice versa, in a shop that doesn’t carry the level of designers and quality that you’re planning on purchasing for your wedding.
At Jessica Haley Bridal, we offer our brides a luxury VIP appointment every time. We designed our boutique to serve brides one at a time during each and every visit. When you book an appointment with us, you will get the shop to yourself for your friends and family, you’ll get to touch and feel the dresses yourself and we’ll welcome your guests into our “living room style” dressing room for the experience. We believe the day your say yes to your wedding dress should be just as exciting and special as the day your wear it!
Are you ready to have your VIP Appointment to find your dream dress? Scheduling your appointment at Jessica Haley Bridal here! Our shop carries a global selection of designers from around the world including Israel, Australia, Italy, London and more… We can’t wait to see you!
Trunk Show featuring Alon Livné September 14-16th
Trunk Show featuring Julie Vino September 28-30th