You’ve said yes to your fiancé, now it’s time for the second most important ‘yes’ you’re going to make – saying ‘yes’ to your dress! Ever since you donned that sparkly diamond ring on your left hand, you’ve been dreaming about what kind of gown to wear down the aisle. You’re anxiously excited about how the perfect dress will transform you into the ultimate vision of your dream bride. Now that you’ve googled and pinned and researched all you can find about wedding gowns – it’s time to step into your bridal boutique and find ‘the one.’
In order to make sure you’re prepared to successfully experience bridal gown bliss, make sure you bring these 5 things to your bridal gown appointments and get ready to enjoy the process!
- Undergarments – make sure you wear the appropriate undergarments so you get the best fit when you’re trying on sample gowns. Avoid things like sports bras and dark underwear for obvious reasons! We even recommend bringing Spanx if you plan to wear it on your wedding day. You want to be able to see yourself as closely to your look on the real day as you can!
- Shoes – Most bridal boutiques have sample shoes you can use during your appointment but if you’ve already picked out your bridal shoes or you know what height and style of heels you want to wear on your wedding day, bring them along to the appointment! A great shoe makes a perfect complement to any wedding dress and will give you great posture and elongate your body in the gowns.
- People – Make sure to bring important decision makers with you to your bridal appointments. It doesn’t make any sense to shop for your dream dress without your mom or your maid of honor if you can’t make a decision without them. On the other hand, bringing too many people to your appointment could elicit confusion and overwhelm. Your “bride tribe” should be a close group of key members of your friends and family that will be excited to help you become your vision of a dream bride!
- Wedding Vision – It’s important to have a clear vision for your wedding day – the location, style, vibe, etc before trying to pick out the dress. Trying to choose a dress for a city ballroom wedding would be very different than a beach destination event – knowing what the style the location elicits is critical to choosing the right gown for your wedding day!
- Mindset – This is the MOST important thing necessary for a successful bridal shopping appointment. You need to go into each appointment with an open mind in terms of styles of gowns you’re willing to try – you never know what will look the best on your body until you try them! And you should also have an open mindset to actually finding the dress and saying ‘yes’ during your appointment – that’s the whole reason for having one after all! Don’t rob yourself of your big moment because you didn’t expect to find it or your guests believing you need to ‘think about it’ or continue shopping. That will only garner frustration and confusion. The goal should be to find the dream dress and then start the celebrating!
If you attend your bridal appointments with these five critical elements – you’ll almost guarantee a successful experience and a gorgeous gown for your big day!
If you liked this post check out our tips for ‘Avoiding Analysis Paralysis and Say ‘Yes’ To The Dress’
Ready to find the one – Schedule your appointment with us today!